"Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man!
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
Pat it and prick it and mark it with a B.
Put it in the oven for Baby and me."

All of us have recited this fun poem as we rhythmatically used our hands to pat our babies' tiny hands. If performed with enthusiasm, the end result produced a big smile and possibly a giggle or two.

Once a week, in the following year, I will bake a cake (pat-a-cake) using a different recipe, present a picture, the recipe and some comments, memories, or history pertaining to the finished product.

I am always glad to hear your remarks, suggestions or send along your favorite cake recipe.

"Let's Bake a Cake!"

Monday, October 31, 2011

Cake Recipe #44 - Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake



This is a simple-to-make chocolate cake that will keep family and friends asking for more.

Ingredients: 1 (18.25 ounce)package dark chocolate cake mix, 1 (3.9 ounce)package instant chocolate pudding mix, 1 (16 ounce)container sour cream (I used 8 ounces), 3 eggs, at room temperature, 1/3 cup vegetable (I used canola)oil, 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liquer, (I used Bailey's)(non-alcoholic: chocolate milk), 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini).

Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt cake pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and coffee liquer. Beat until ingredients are well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Spoon into prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.

Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. I made a glaze for mine using the remainder of a can of chocolate frosting left over from the Cake Balls made earlier in the month (Cake Recipe #40). I thinned it with a couple of tablespoons of Bailey's and then mixing in some milk until thin enough to drizzle over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips.

Found this at one of my favorite websites: allrecipes.com.
This recipe was submitted by Caitlin Koch.

"Let's Bake a Cake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment